Monday, October 31, 2011

Las Pinas- week 3......Happy Halloween!

Kumusta!

Thanks for the emails I've received. It's always a pleasure to hear from all who regularly send me emails :D  This past week has been a good week.  I've learned so much this past week and I appreciate what I'm learning. My companion and I set some high goals this week, (a bit more than the standards of excellence), and we're both excited about it. I'm going to be working so hard and we're both striving to be obedient. I know that we can reach these goals as we strive to be our best. Today is All Souls or Saints day in the Philippines, yes, it's on the day of Halloween for us but it's a different holiday. Apparently many people go the graveyards and spend many days there sleeping (at night) and having get togethers with their family while praying for their dead, since this is mostly a Catholic country. Lots of flowers everywhere. It's a pretty interesting place. I probably didn't tell what the holiday is exactly, but I just wrote what my companion told
me. My companion is really nice and I'm glad I get another opportunity to grow more.
Yes, Las Pinas (my area of it anyways) is massive. The statistics online about how many people are in Las Pinas are wrong, according to some people I've met. It's huge area with many people (one part of my area alone has close to one million people). Yeah... not sure the exact statistics but I share what I learn with you all :D
Sorry this is short but hopefully next week, it will be longer with some stories for all of you :D
Mahal ko Kayo!

No comments:

Post a Comment