Monday, October 24, 2011

Las Pinas- week 2..... God is blessing this work

Kumusta!

Things are great here. I'm learning so much every day and I can feel God helping me out so much. Las Pinas is a city. But it's a city like no city I've seen before. My area is shaped like a doughnut. The other sisters have the middle of the doughnut while my companion and I have the huge, thick outer ring of the doughnut. Our area is so huge! So many people! The population of San Pedro is nothing compared like this, although it was big too. One of our areas, alone has about one million people, and that's just one part of our area (not to mention that it's only a small part of the whole city of Las Pinas. God is helping us both out so much. We're both still new and we're learning things that we should and shouldn't do. She's a great companion. Sister Cuenca is really nice and humble. I'm learning a lot every day. Since you've asked for more story type things to be written, I'll share one. One reason is because it's a pretty cool story and another is that I don't have a lot of time to write it in my journal... so it's a win-win situation :) When I was in San Pedro, I contacted a lady on a jeepney on our long ride. I gave her a pamphlet and got her name and address down. But she lived in the Paranaque zone, Las Pinas CAA. So I gave the referral to my zone leaders who were supposed to pass it on but they didn't and the sisters never received the referral so all was lost for this investigator. Then about a week and a half later, or two weeks, I got transferred to this area and we were finding and I felt that we needed to go find her so we were able to find her because her address and name was written in my planner... and she's now an investigator with a baptismal date.. so I thought that was a pretty cool story. It's amazing how God loves us all so much and how much worth one soul has in the sight of God. She has a long ways to go but we're working with her and hopefully she'll develop a strong desire and testimony to continue.  I love this work and thanks for all the emails!
Mahal ko Kayo!
Sister Mohrman

No comments:

Post a Comment