Monday, November 7, 2011

Las Pinas- week 4......answers I suppose :D

Kumusta!

Since I've gotten emails complaining that I don't really answer many of the questions, I figured that I would answer them here. I don't know the most interesting food I've eaten recently... it's pretty normal for over here. I've eaten a crab that was the size of my hand, with the eyeballs, legs, etc... all still attached to it. Is that what you're looking for? :) It was pretty difficult eating it because the one that I had before was a tiny one and you could just suck out the stuff you eat. This one I had to figure out out to open the shell and what to eat inside. Then I was told I needed to snap open the claws and legs too and eat what was there. It was a pretty new experience for me, and the Bishop, his wife and my companion got a big kick at me trying to figure out how to eat it. It was pretty funny. I'm actually the average size (bordering on tall, but still average) for a Filipina. You just saw pictures of really short Filipinos and I get the opportunity to be their companions. It's pretty funny. The Philippines is rather large in land and with a lot of people. The map just makes it look small. Sure, it's small if you compare it with other countries but when you're there it's actually pretty big and crowded. I guess I'm spoiled this transfer. I have a shower in the nice apartment. No bucket showers, that's pretty nice but it was nice the other way too. I like what I'm learning and I'm learning a lot.
Sure, many people do speak English, I just happen to get the opportunity of meeting people who don't speak or understand English very well..:D I love the growth that I'm experiencing, I'm learning a lot and I'm so appreciative of these lessons.
I love it over here. I'm learning a lot about this culture and about other cultures too. I've learned about Samoan culture (not American Samoa), Indian culture, Pakistani culture, and of course... Filipino culture, not to mention about their different languages too. It's all pretty exciting. I've still got a very long ways to go, but I'm enjoying the journey as usual. I like my study hours, it's helping me a lot and our companionship. Our companionship is becoming stronger each day and we're learning a lot from each other. Our apartment is rather nice. Food is great. The work is moving forward and I'm striving to be better and working even harder. I'm pretty excited for this coming week. Sister Rodalia (the one I met in San Pedro.. that story I told you about) wasn't able to meet with us at all this past week so this week, we're going back there to teach her and it's the Plan of Salvation. That's coincidentally what I'm supposed to be studying this week... it's fate.  There are so many problems over here and it's exciting to bring the gospel to the people in creative ways and seeing their lives get blessed. I don't really remember what other questions you all had so sorry if I haven't answered them.

Mahal ko Kayo!
Sister Mohrman

No comments:

Post a Comment