Tuesday, October 18, 2011

San Pedro- week 12?...........hello Las Pinas

Kumusta!
Yesterday was transfer announcements and today were transfers. I've been transferred to Paranaque zone, Las Pinas City, so not very far away from my old zone, hehe. The ward I'm going to be serving in is Las Pinas 1st ward. This ward used to belong to the Las Pinas stake, which is the Las Pinas zone. Pretty funny thing happened. On Monday night, I decided I would wash my clothes and as I was washing them I really wanted to stop. But there was something inside of me that told me to finish washing all of my clothes or just my tendacity to finish the menial task until it gets done :). Then yesterday, we went to district/zone meeting and I found out that I was transferring while my companion was staying. It was also an extremely hot day yesterday (more so than usual) and it was a great blessing because my clothes got dry. So I spent the day packing yesterday. At night, a family called us and told us to come over for dinner so we arrived at their house around 8:15 PM or so and were fed food. I love that family and all of the other families and people I've met here in San Pedro. Sister Elix, the mother in that family, said that she would drive me and my companion and the two zone leaders to Buendia for the transfer meeting. That was such a great blessing. Buendia is about an hour and half away and it's really expensive if you have luggage with you. This morning she came to our apartment and picked us up and we didn't have to pay for anything. She even gave us doughnuts for breakfast. God has blessed me so much and is continuing to bless me as I strive to become better. My new companion is my batch mate... which means that we arrived at the mission field at the same time (she came from the Philippine MTC). She's the senior companion and I'm the junior but she says that we need to share the power... 

This is going to be an interesting transfer, but I look forward to applying the things I've learned these past two transfers. I know that the Lord has called me to Paranaque zone for reasons I don't know yet, but I'm excited, as always, to go out and serve my God. I'm being stretched in many ways and I appreciate these lessons I'm learning. Thanks for the emails everyone. It's always great getting email; sorry if I don't respond because of time, but I appreciate it very much and Thank you. My companion is a native and I'll definitely will learn the language much better in this transfer. It seems like whenever you're around people who don't speak much English, you learn better. So I'm excited for this transfer. The apartment is pretty nice. The other two sisters in the apartment are a Filipina and an Indian (she's from India, not the American Indian thing). They all speak Tagalog of course and I'm excited for this opportunity ahead of me. Thanks again for the emails and I'll let you know in more detail on Monday (maybe, depending on time) about the questions you've asked.
Mahal ko Kayo!
Sister Mohrman

No comments:

Post a Comment