Wednesday, August 31, 2011

San Pedro- Week 5........another short email :)

Kumusta!

As the title of this email states.... this is going to be a short email.  Preparation day was hectic yesterday and I don't have a lot of time today.  Next week will be another short email because it's transfer week and preparation day is on Wednesday. The baptism on Saturday was great. It was really unorganized but it was great that she got baptized. You could see the difference the spirit made and it was really exciting. Today I had sister's specialized training, and I learned a lot. It was great. This past week I learned so much! (I bet you all are not surprised). I'm just eating normal Filipino food and I love it. This week we have a dinner appointment every day.... kinda crazy. But I'm pretty sure it's because my Kasama is leaving next week to go home and I get my new trainer. I'm getting used to washing my clothes by hand. Crazy new experience but one day I will be an expert at it and it won't take me 5-6 hours to do :-)  haha.  The ward I'm serving in
just got a new bishop this past Sunday. He's a nice guy. By the way there are four missionaries serving in the ward. The two sisters and the zone leaders. So we get to know the zone leaders pretty well :)  The one zone leader is also going home next week, so we'll get one new zone leader. So many lessons I'm learning and now I'm making plans to implement them in my life :)  So much work to be done but I'm so excited for it. I'm not in the city part. I'm in the province (my zone area is next to the San Pablo mission boundaries) but it's a squatter type city in the province. Really hard to explain but I thought I would try... to give you more detail :)  I walk, ride a trike, jeepney, or sometimes a bus (if we're going a long ways a way, like to the mission home or something). Mostly we walk, it's free :) not to mention great exercise :) I really like this area and I'm glad that I'm not serving in the city for my first area.... (I might explain in a later email if I remember). This transfer I've had a lot of realizations and it's helping me out so much.... sorry this is short but that's the way it must be :)  Thanks for the emails!
Mahal ko Kayo!
Sister Mohrman

No comments:

Post a Comment