Wednesday, September 7, 2011

San Pedro- week 6.....transfer of changes

Magandang Gabi!!!

Thanks for the emails. Things have been crazy these past two days, no sleep!  But I learned a lot and I'm grateful for that. On Monday, we had to wake up around 1 and 1:30 AM to fix the apartment because our two person apartment is expanding to having four sisters in it! Then when we finished, we went and met Elder Perez (zone leader) and Elder Staples at McDo and then traveled to the mission office and they had to be there before 6 AM. It was a long bus ride Yes, the three missionaries (including my kasama) were going home because it was their time to go. I was assigned to temporarily work with Sister Nazir and Sister Newman in Makati until Wednesday for Transfer meeting. This was because there were no other sisters in my zone until now. On Tuesday, I spent the whole day at the hospital. Sister Newman was (and still is) having some serious problems and her nanay needed help too. Then late in the evening I was assigned to go home with a different set of sister missionaries so I could attend transfer meeting the next day. I didn't get much sleep so I'm kinda tired right now :) Kinda crazy! I hope Sister Newman gets better, she has a lot of people worried about her.

My new companion, my tita, my follow-up trainer is Sister Martinez. I was originally going to be assigned to work with another sister from Palawen but President Stucki prayed about it and sent Sister Martinez (who's also from Palawen) to be my kasama instead. Really interesting story but I don't have enough time to write it :). Yes, she's a native Filipina with another accent. She's really nice. I'm excited to learn more! Since she's new to the area, I get the opportunity to lead this area for a week or so until she gets familiar with it and the people... pretty interesting and funny since I'm still trying to learn how to get around and remember people's names :D haha  I'm definitely out of my comfort zone and I'm looking forward to growing a lot from this transfer. I'm so glad I get to stay in this area!  I love it here! There's a lot of potential in this area and I know that with hard work, this area could see a lot of blessings. My zone is experiencing quite the change. Half of the missionaries are leaving and the other half are training. I think only two sets of missionaries have the normal senior and junior companionship (one of them being the zone leaders). Then there are two follow-up trainers (one of them is my kasama). One of the zone leaders is new because Elder Perez went home. Then an area, SP2, that had elders has changed to having two sisters (they're shotgun training). Now there are four sisters in the zone and in my apartment. Lots of changes and lots of lessons I'll learn. It's going to be interesting and crowded to have four sisters but there's always a reason for things. I'll keep on learning and growing. Sound familiar, eh? :)

I have to say that I really do love Filipino food. It's very good. I just get busog a lot  :)  It's still raining and I love it. It makes me very happy when it rains. It brings such a peaceful and comforting feeling to me when it rains. :) On Monday, will be the normal Preparation Day... so if you have any questions, let me know! 

Mahal ko Kayo!
Sister Mohrman

No comments:

Post a Comment