Sunday, January 29, 2012

Mandaluyong- week 3.... belated birthday wishes to all and to all a happy birthday! :)

Kumusta!

Happy late Birthday Mom and Nikki!!! :D No worries, I didn't forget about your birthday. I thought of you guys on those days and wrote a happy birthday in my journal to you... I just forgot to mention it in the email home... :S  hehehe....  Anyways, this has been an incredible week. God is really great and merciful. The work is moving forwards and I'm even more excited than I was before (if that is even possible). Thanks to a member, we were able to find this less-active named Kylie. She's 21 years old and has a three-year old child. She has a husband but they're not married (seems to be the case for everyone) and he's a Catholic. She was baptized when she was around 16 years old and then got pregnant and left the church... but this past week was incredible with her. During our first meeting with her, she was crying and was so grateful that we came by to help her. I also think this was because of the member who went with us and referred us to her, Sister Lyna (who's leaving on a mission in March). They're best friends and it was a very spiritual meeting watching the two of them cry and talk with each other.... then yesterday... Kylie came to church! It was great! It's amazing to see how much power members have in helping with less-actives and retaining the new converts and even finding new investigators. I wish every member realized this.... I have really loved this past week and God has helped me a lot. Thanks to Him, we were able to find less-actives and have really spiritual lessons with the people. There was this one less-active, Sister Ventura. She's around 65 years old... give or take. and she got baptized around the age of 21 but then left the church 3 years later. We couldn't find her house and then the inspiration struck and we talked to a recent convert near by and she was able to find Sister Ventura for us. The meeting was so spiritual and it was amazing.  :)
I really love this transfer so far... (as with all my transfers). It's kind of amazing to have companions that you learn a lot from. I see their weakness every day and realize what I need to change to become better because sometime I didn't really notice I needed to change this particular weakness until I saw it in my companion and realized that I needed to get rid of it. God is so great and merciful with letting me learn these lessons... especially so early in the transfer so far. He's helping me out a lot and I'm so grateful and humbled with this opportunity over here to be a missionary and learning these incredible lessons...  Thanks for the emails! I was pleasantly surprised! :D haha  Thanks!  

Mahal ko Kayo!
Sister Mohrman

No comments:

Post a Comment