Monday, January 23, 2012

Mandaluyong- week 2.... temples, baptisms and an interview... pretty intriguing :)

Kumusta!

Thanks for the emails! I appreciate them. I haven't found a printer yet but when I do, I'll print them all up :)  Things are going great here. I'm learning so much! My companion is really great and I'm so humbled and grateful that I get this opportunity to learn these lessons and future lessons this transfer. God is great. I've been pondering/reflecting these past few days and it's been great. I learned more lessons that I needed to learn and I'm grateful for that. This past week, was our temple day. I love the temple. The reason why our trip is so early in the transfer is that I'm in a new zone and the temple is about 20 minutes away and also that the temple is closing the second week of February and will remain closed for the rest of the transfer and part of the next one. So it was a great temple day. On Saturday, we had two baptisms. It was a couple that are 70+ years old. It was pretty great that I got to see a baptism so early in this new transfer :) My companion and her companion before really helped this couple out so much and it was incredible to hear their story. The Tatay doesn't speak Tagalog very well or understands it but he speaks Basaya.... otherwise known as the Cebuano language. It was a great baptism for them. They are the parents of the ward mission leader too. Anyways, apparently there are a lot of people in this area who speak the Cebuano language... so these people have been teaching me some words and phrases... pretty interesting. I said that I'm working on Tagalog first but they're very willing to give me words in this language so I guess I'm learning this one too at the same time... but at a really slower pace, which is good because I need Tagalog first. haha  :)  Yesterday, we had our interviews with the President. So that's why preparation day is today and wasn't yesterday. It was a great interview. President Stucki is a very inspired man and I learned a lot. Sorry... time is rather short today... but thanks again for the emails! :)

Mahal ko Kayo!
Sister Mohrman

No comments:

Post a Comment