Monday, November 14, 2011

Las Pinas- week 4 (I think)................milk or juice?

Kumusta!

So it's been an interesting past week. As usual, I've learned a lot of lessons that I'm so grateful for. We found a lot of investigators and my companion and I are working even harder this week to help them become progressing investigators. Oh yeah, about a week and a half ago was the mission tour. Elder Ardern and his wife came to our mission to speak with us. It was incredible! They're from New Zealand and I learned a lot from them. They spoke about retention and other things. They said that the Manila Mission was doing well but he was speaking as the Philippines as a whole. The statistics were staggering. for example; around 15,000 people (give or take a few thousands) were baptized into the church in 2005, but of those 15,000, only 3,000 are active in the church. So he went through all of the years and the stats were staggering. Over 75,000 (more than this actually) converts from 2005 to this past years are lost, they're inactive.... that was surprising news for the missionaries who have come in within the past 6 months. There's lots of work to be done. Sorry this is short but I don't have much time. Before I forget, I bought my first milk this past week and it was terrible. It wasn't the worst but I would never buy it again. I was going to attach photos but I don't have enough time... sorry :) A lot of their milk, they keep on a regular store shelf. It's liquid but the shelf life expires within 4-5 months...you just need to put it into the fridge when you buy it... and it wasn't the best drink I've tried so I'm sticking with water and juice. Although, maybe if I tried a different kind that was already cold, but I don't know. I've really come to love drinking water and juice. There's this orange-mango juice that is delicious!  Also, Coconut juice/milk. That is very delicious! Thanks for all the emails! Sorry I don't have much time to respond to everyone!

Mahal ko Kayo!
Sister Mohrman


No comments:

Post a Comment