Wednesday, September 21, 2011

San Pedro- Week 8.......love the temple :)

Magandang Hapon!
 
    Thanks for the emails!  Today is my preparation day because it was temple day. It's always great going to the temple! I love the spirit there. 
    So far this transfer has been interesting. I find it amazing how much God looks out after us and puts us in circumstances that allows us to grow and change into what He sees in us. It's been an adjustment having the two other sisters in the apartment but it's what I need to grow into the missionary I want to become. I'm learning a lot from my companion, especially patience and charity :D... haha  I'm really grateful for these growing experiences this transfer. I'll be so excited when I finally have learned the lessons but I like the growing along the way. I won't lie, this week has tried my patience and difficult at times but then I really appreciate the patience that God has with me :D.  He has helped me out a lot and I'm so excited for these challenges to overcome!  I have to say that it's a big blessing to have this type of growing experience now instead of gradually along my mission. I'm being blessed a lot with these circumstances!  :D This zone has been really different this transfer.... more Americans in it and it's kind of separated between the two groups. It's a learning experience for everyone and it's exciting that as we strive to become better and have more unity... what miracles will come. 
     This area is great.... if a person works really hard, then they'll reap a lot. There's always challenges but it allows a person to be creative with finding techniques. My companion and I have been adjusting to each other and I know that now as we work hard, we will see a lot of investigators in this area! For example, on Monday we found 15 people to teach in a short amount of time... The Philippines is a choice place but only if the missionary is really dedicated to working hard and doing their best. I've got lots to work on, especially these weaknesses I have, but I know that God is helping me and I'm really grateful for Him.
     The food is delicious.... I think I've already said that before, but I'll say it again. I love the food here, except for the Fried pig fat thingy mabobber. I've had rice, squid, crab, fish, shrimp, rice and a bunch of other food and it's all delicious!  The crab, I'm not sure about what it's supposed to taste like.... I don't think I figured out how to eat it out of it's shell, but the part I did manage to get out of its shell wasn't bad. I really love the rice, I have to admit.  The fruits and vegetables are amazing. But enough about the food  :D  
     In answer to some of your questions, some people have Christmas decorations up! It's pretty cool. I still have my area. I'm in SP1 and the other sisters are in the other ward, SP2. It used to have elders last transfer but this transfer they made it a sisters area. So the sisters are shotgun training that area.  We have a refridgerator because we have to keep the majority of our food in there or the bugs will eat it. We don't have a microwave but it's all good. I love it here.
     Time is short... so sorry yet again... but I'm trying :D  
Mahal ko Kayo!
Sister Mohrman

No comments:

Post a Comment