Friday, July 15, 2011

MTC- week 8.... Big elders and slurpee land

Kumusta!

I bet you're curious as to the heading of this email... so am I, haha  just kidding.  Well during the week, I was playing sand volleyball (because the gym is shut down until next week) and I was in themiddle front position. I went up to block an Elder, who happened to be quite big, but I didn't get very far...  The Elder stepped on my left foot and it instantly halted any upward movement that I had.  In fact, I went the opposite  :)  Down I went. I never realized how much an impact an elder could do if he steps on your foot! :)  It was quite funny.  I couldn't help but laugh.  (well after the moment was over, because before I kind of grunted with pain)  It was very funny.  No worries, I'm not injured.  I just have a bruise (that doesn't hurt) on my foot.
Also, I found out that one of the many places over in the Phlippines are a bunch of 7-11s.  Yep, they have a lot of slurpees over there.  Not that I would have much here, and probably not there.  I just thought it would be pretty cool to tell you all.  Why am I speaking about the Philippines?  Any guesses? ......  I GOT MY TRAVEL PLANS YESTERDAY!!!!  AHHHH!  It's pretty exciting. I leave on the 25th at night.  I fly to San Franciso on Delta, have a short layover and then fly to Hong Kong.  China!  That's pretty cool.  Then it's a three hour layover there.  Perfect time to see Hong Kong and its scenery... well the airport anyways :)  A Chinese airport!  Then we get to fly to Manila!  It's pretty exciting!  All the Tagalog missionaries leaving are split into two groups.  The other group is flying to LA and then to Hong Kong.  We all meet up in Hong KOng.  The 25th is a Monday.. and I leave at night. So I might have a box of stuff to drop off either to Tiffani
on Saturday night or mom that Monday, if any of you are there :).  Oh yeah, our Branch President told us we could call home at perhaps the S.L.C airport or San Franciso Airpor and the Hong Kong airport.  Are you up for it?  Let me know... because I'm not sure how the international call cards you got me work.... I don't know if they're set specifically for the Philippines or if I can call from the United States to Utah, or Call from China to Utah.
Anyways.. It's been another great week!  I bet you're not surprised  :)  I really do love the MTC.  The devotionals and everything else are so amazing.  I'll miss the MTC quite a bit, but I'm SO excited to go to the
Philippines.  :)  It's going to be the adventure of a life time!  God has hleped me out so much here and I know He'll continue to help me!  I love the gospel!  Our district decided to make this coming week the best we've had, so I'm looking forward to that.  I love all the lessons I'm learning! I'm so grateful I've been given this opportunity to grow!
Thanks for the package... I couldn't stop eating the treats.. :S  My companion and fellow sisters and district liked it as well.  Thanks for everything!   I love the MTC!  I love the spirit!  Thanks for the letters/emails.  How are the Frenchies?  How's everything at home?  Things are great here, in case you were wondering.  :)
Anything you want me to say in my next email... just let me know.  By the way, letters are on the way.  Also, I figured out how to write these long emails  :)  hehe

Mahal Kayo!
Sister Mohrman

No comments:

Post a Comment