Friday, July 8, 2011

MTC- week 7.......... Wowzers

Kumusta!

It's great reading all the emails.... sorry I haven't responded but I thought you didn't like my handwriting  :)  haha  Anyways, I have to say that this is the best time to be at the MTC.  There's countless reasons so I'll just list a couple.  I was able to meet my mission president and see seven apostles and have one of them speak to us.  It was just an incredible experience when they were all here.  Then we had the most spectacular 4th of July celebration ever!  It was the neatest thing.  On Saturday (the same day as the Stadium of Fire) they had a special presentation for us.  It was the neatest thing ever!  Not only that, picture over 2,000 missionaries singing American songs/hymns and regular American songs, like Yankee Doodle Boy, Yankee Doodle Dandy, Grand 'Ole Flag, and many others.  This was the time (besides when Elder Bednar spoke to us) that all the missionaries sang really loud (but not the obnoxious type of loudness).  It was so cool!  I have to say that this was my favorite celebration for the 4th of July.
After the presentation, we were ordered outside to watch the fireworks from the Stadium of Fire!  They  were pretty cool!  They gave us special ice cream and we got to stay up late! Although, many missionaries went to bed around 11:00 PM.... I was one of them.  It was so amazing.  Then, to state another reason why this is the best time to be at the MTC, my district had the honor of cleaning the temple today!  We cleaned for about 3 1/2 hours or so.  It was pretty neat.  The sisters got to go up to the sealing rooms and clean
the chandeliers!  They're so pretty!  All sorts of thoughts and analogies were going through my head.  It felt so great to clean the temple!  Just knowing that you're cleaning the Lord's house brings such a feeling that I
can't describe....  it was so magnificent!  I love the MTC, the Gospel, and everything else!

 My companion is as great as ever!  We're a strong companionship and she's still so amazing and more so as the weeks go by  :)  I love the Lord and how much He is helping us!  It's amazing what I'm learning from my companion and fellow missionaries and especially the spirit.  We got four new sisters in our zone (two new districts total, but the four sisters were in one district). They're amazing.  One of them is Sister Tapu.  I love her!  She's from Samoa (not American Samoa) and she's turning 25 next week.  She's worked her entire life to get money to help her family and to pay for her mission.  She's always wanted to on a mission since primary and she's done everything to make that possible.  She has such a strong spirit and it was amazing that I got to meet (and continue to talk to) a sister missionary that has always wanted to go on a mission since she was a little girl! She's so strong!  You hear her story and it's amazing!  There's much more but I don't have time to write everything!


Mahal ko Kayo
-Sister Mohrman

No comments:

Post a Comment