Monday, July 11, 2011

MTC- Week 6....... Happy BIRTHDAY!!!

Magandang Hapon!

Happy early Birthday Dad!  I figured I better wish it to you early than late
:)  Congrats on the little boy Nikki and Mitch!

Things are amazing as usual....  Last Friday, we had the special
fireside.  Seven apostles were there sitting upfront!  They all bring such a
strong spirit and you can't help but smile when you see them!  Elder Bednar
was the one who addressed us though.  It was such an incrediable talk!  It
was amazing!  I learned so much!  The other six apostles that were there at
the special fireside, with their wives, were Elder Oaks, Elder Ballard,
Elder Nielson, Elder Anderson, Elder Holland and Elder Scott!  It was a once
in a lifetime opportunity  hehe  :).   My companion had the opportunity of
belonging to the special choir.  I think I already told you about that?  She
also had the opportunity of listening to President Eyring speak on Sunday.
My mission president is a little bit taller than me and his wife is shorter
than me.  So I think they'll fit in over there in Manila  :)  They're really
humble and nice! A week or so ago, an elder received a letter from his
family.  Apparently, his brother's wife had a child but it was stillborn.
He was having a hard time but my kasama talked with him and it helped him.
But that got me thinking about one of the quotes that was given at one of
the devotionals here.  It was by Elder Stephen Allen in one of my first
weeks here.  "It's always darkest before the dawn".  That's really true.  No
worries, I'm doing fantastic but I felt that I should share that with you
all.  There's always hardships and trials that come before the "dawn".  It's
amazing that despite the moment being dark, you're never alone and you're
learning lessons along the way.  God is so wonderful and merciful!  It's
just Satan trying to bring you down... stop you from progressing.  But as it
says in 1 Corinthians (?), God will not suffer you to be tempted above that
ye are able, but he'll provide a way for you to succeed.  I love the gospel
and the scriptures!  Sorry this is short but.... you're probably not
surprised  :)  I love the MTC and this great opportunity I have to be
here. :)

Mahal ko Kayo!!!!
Sister Mohrman

No comments:

Post a Comment