Sunday, August 5, 2012

Mandaluyong- week 30.... miracles, surprises, rain, where? what? huh?

Kumusta!

Thanks for the emails. I always appreciate them and love reading them. :). It's been a good week full of many lessons for me and I appreciate them so much. Our investigators are progressing and it's great seeing the change that has taken place on them. Last transfer, they really didn't know any members very well, but we have been working this transfer on getting them to know each other... and it's worked!  All of our progressing investigators have friends now in the church and the ward is really stepping up to help them. We had less-actives who came to church and the ward really just embraced them. An example is the Camingawan family. I first met them in February and have been working with them ever since. Yesterday, the grandfather, one of his daughters and his grandson (who is our investigator) came to church for the first time. The ward saw them and some of the older members went up to the Tatay and put their arm around him and was with him for the classes and the same went with the daughter and the grandson... it was an amazing tender mercy of God. Then during the combined RS and Priesthood class, the bishopric and other auxilary leaders talked about home teaching and visiting teaching and challenged them to take up the call. Then we found out the relief society presidency and elder's quorum presidencies have made plans to set the example and visit the less-actives, particularly the ones that we've been working with. They really are taking over and it's amazing. I love this area so very much. It's so fruitful. It's amazing... God is so very great and merciful to me. I'm really going to miss this area but I know that whoever the missionaries are next that this area will become even more fruitful. I bet you all want to know what's going on, right?  I do too... just kidding. God has blessed me with more rain and I really needed it and it was so very great! I already knew that I would be transferred after this transfer is over... just some strong suspicions. But I was called on Wednesday night and was given some pretty surprising news... apparently I needed to go to a meeting on Friday... for new trainers... huh? Yeah, pretty surprising. I was thinking, are you sure you called the right person. But then they also said that I'm shotgunning a new area too. It's been closed for about two transfers and so now it's being reopened by us... grabe. mahirap. Shotgun training... never ever done any of those things before and especially not combined but I will continue to just strive to do my best. If I make mistakes... well, it's their fault that I was called, :) but no, I will do everything I can to do what God wants me to do... I'm excited for the lessons ahead of me. Hopefully, I'll figure out what to do quickly :S, but whatever happens, it's in His hands and I'm here to do His will... so come what may and of course, I'll love it. Our transfer day is on Thursday, so until then, I'm here in Mandaluyong. I'm learning so much and I'm so very grateful for the lessons that I'm learning everyday from God. Thanks again for the emails... Love ya all!
Mahal ko Kayo
Sister Mohrman

No comments:

Post a Comment