Monday, August 20, 2012

Bulihan- week 2............spoiled....great investigators and apartments?

Kumusta!
Thanks for the emails! I appreciate them! Things are going great! I love challenges and then there are always blessings at the same time.. so two in one! :D pretty astig!  My companion is so spoiled right now (me too, but she's still new). We don't have an apartment so we've been living with this amazing senior couple who's kind of close by to our area... so we get hot water and they let us use their washer and dryer... and they give us food, etc.... the first time it has ever happened to me here and so my companion has yet to experience the complete thrill of being here. :)  But it's a great tender mercy because of what we're trying to do.... I love everything about the Philippines, it's a great place! :D It's pretty neat that as we're trying to find our way through our large area... we've been getting lost but then we find these amazing investigators on the way... pretty neat tradeoff, don't ya think? :) One of them is Sister Veronica... she is soooo golden and it's amazing. She's agreed to a baptismal date and she has been reading the Book of Mormon daily. In fact, when we gave her the Restoration pamphlet, she read it and marked it up... she filled out the answers to all of the questions in the back and read the whole pamphlet again... pretty cool. She's also married, so that's really nice. She said that she hasn't really talked with the different churches before so this was a new experience for her but she's prayed about Joseph Smith and knows he is a true prophet.... she's amazing. I love this lady and her family. Her husband works in Mandaluyong... in my old area! Go figure... right?  But then again, this has always happened to me in all of my areas... pretty interesting. We haven't met him yet, but we're praying for her and her family and for our other investigators too. Another neat thing is that... literally, we took time out every day to go find a new apartment, which is a challenge because of the new area and the different factors we have to consider.. and so we've looked at so many apartments and there was always something wrong with them.... but then on Saturday, when we were meeting with Veronica, she found out that we've been searching and said that there was a place near by her! Earlier today we went over there, and then we called the senior couple (they're the ones who decide if it's good or not) and they came... and wow... there wasn't anything seriously wrong with it and so we have a new apartment now! Great blessing from God. We were led to this investigator who's really ready and she led us to that apartment... But we probably won't move in until in a few weeks... so until then, we still will be spoiled. :)  My companion is great, she's an amazing missionary (especially as she deals with my diyabloness) :)  Apparently, she has a blog too... but anyways. Everything is going great! I love it here, as always. I'm learning so many lessons every day and I'm so very appreciative of these lessons. God is great! Time is up! Thanks again!
Mahal ko Kayo,
Sister Mohrman

No comments:

Post a Comment