Monday, August 13, 2012

Bulihan- week 1..... goodbye Mandaluyong, hello to new, exciting challenges

Kumusta!

Thanks for the emails, I really appreciate them! :)  It was really hard for me to leave Mandaluyong... I love it there... especially, when the storm hit. The storm hit metro manila but the very worst part hit was where I was at. So, we were confined to the apartment, Monday night through forever..... grabe... the flood was big. The first floor of the apartment building was flooded and there were rescue rafts outside the windows and a lot of other things... pretty intense. On the other hand, it was great because it gave me plenty of time to update the area book for the missionaries who are shotgunning it. I'm jealous of that area book... oh well, this new area book in Bulihan will be even better. It's our goal. :)  We weren't sure if we could even make it to the transfer meeting on Wednesday, but thanks to a lot of prayers from our mission president and the missionaries... on Wednesday morning, there was a little bit of the flood left but cars could now travel through it... and so our zone leaders came and picked us up with the taxi... intense, because it started to rain really hard right after we were pulling out of the apartment garage thing... so the flood was starting to come back but we were able to make it to the meeting...........  Now, I'm in Bulihan part of the San Gabrial zone... and it's really ironic. All of my areas I've had a precious connection too and this is no different. I'm officially in the "province" (I've been in the city zones for my mission so far) but Bulihan looks like my first area but I'm excited. It's a branch, not a ward. It's not a stake, but it's a district. There's lots of challenges and problems to solve, but for some reason, I'm really happy about that. I've always liked challenges and figuring out puzzles.. maybe that's why I'm here... I don't know.. whatever God wants, I'm happy to do it and do my best, My companion is Sister Moreno... from West Jordan, UT, yeah, an American and she's not a Filipina. Before I was hoping that since He wanted me to train, for some reason unknown to me, it would be a Filipina because that would help me out with my language but when I was looking at the back of the heads of the new missionaries (only one sister was a Filipina), I felt that a particular one would be my companion and VOILA, it was so... She's great and I'm learning a lot. Funny thing is, that all of her family (except one brother) can speak Spanish (her brother went to a different mission) but she became different when she got called to speak in Tagalog. I'm excited for this area. I love it already. I love and miss Mandaluyong but I'm happy that it's now in good hands (really great elders now) and I'm excited to help this area out. Plus, we're the first sisters who have ever been over here.. it's kind of weird but oh well. God is great and so very merciful to me. I love the lessons I'm learning and for the future. It's white!
Mahal ko Kayo!
Sister Mohrman

No comments:

Post a Comment