Friday, June 3, 2011

MTC week 2 (well a week and a half but apparently the half week counts as the first week)

Magandang Umaga!
 
Well, I decided that since I have 30 minutes on the computer... I would write to you all first and then read your wonderful emails.  So if there are any questions you wanted me to answer then you have to wait until next week or... you can send me a dear elder thingy mabobber(?).  This has been an incrediable week!  I've learned so much!  By the way Dad, I didn't get any letters until Saturday after I sent the email to you.... we had to wait until our District Leader was called and then until he got the mail.  My district is amazing!  My companion and fellow sister roommates are wonderful.... I'm learning so much from them and I am so humbled that I get the opportunity to be around them and learn from their great examples.  My motto for this email is "welcome the task that takes you beyond yourself".  That was given by Susan W. Tanner during our first Relief Society.  That's exactly how I feel.  During the first week it seemed that several of my many weaknesses all came down on me....  It was hard but then during each of these learning experiences the spirit helped me out so much that sometimes I didn't realize he was there helping me until I felt happier and not so overwhelmed.  I'm so grateful that I get to work on these weaknesses of mine.  I'm learning so much! The spirit is so amazing and I always want to be worthy to have the spirit. I've got so much to work on but I'm not overwhelmed by it anymore.  I'm learning so much!  It's amazing what the spirit teaches me throughout the day.... every day.   It's amazing.  The devotionals and firesides are so worth it and then watching the movies afterwards.. It's a spiritual high! 
Yesterday we had companionship inventory!  The spirit was very strong!  My companion and I talked to each other about our weaknesses and our misconceptions we have each other!  Our companionship has only gotten stronger.  We both are striving to serve our Lord to the best of our capabilities.  He is helping us so much!  I'm learning so much from her!  Sorry this is short.... my journal entries are probably shorter  :)  if that's any consolation!  hehe.  I love the MTC!  I'm enjoying the lessons I'm learning.  I had the TRC yesterday for the first time and I learned a lot but I need to go so I can read those wonderful emails! Mahal Kayo!
 
Love,
Sister Mohrman

No comments:

Post a Comment