Sunday, May 29, 2011

MTC- week 1 AHHHHHHHH

Magandong Umaga!
 
So guess what.  The group of missionaries that came in with me and myself are part of the new pilot program..... oh boy.  They speak Tagalog to us all the time and don't speak English (well they speak English a little, but not much).  It's very helpful but wow. On the second day we learned how to bear our testimony and say a lot of phrases.  Then we were given the assignment to bear our testimony to 10 groups of missionaries.  Yesterday, we learned how to pray in Tagalog.  Now we can't pray in anything else but Tagalog.  We're learning the past, present, command, and future tenses.  We learned a lot of other stuff but there's too much that I can't write it down  :)  (I probably am just lazy to write it down, though)  :)  There's just so much going on besides them speaking Tagalog.  It's amazing.  I really feel the spirit helping me out.  My companion's name is Sister Dyer.  She's from Orem.  The other two sisters that I share a room with are Sister Stonick and Sister Hawaiikirungi.  Sister Stonick is from Sandy and Sister Hawaiikirungi is from New Zealand.  There are six beds but we only fill four in our room.  Fun stuff.  My district has 12 missionaries. Eight elders and four sisters.  They're all so amazing.  There's no punk type elders in my district.  The sisters that I'm with are all spiritual giants and are very articulate with what they say.  I feel so humbled and blessed to be with these three sisters so I can learn from them.  When I mean spiritual giants, I mean it.  I'm not exaggerating.  On the day we came here (so Wednesday) they had the actor investigator with all of us in the room.  When it came time to participate, they all participated.  They have powerful testimonies. I'm the junior companion (they chose senior comps by alphabetical order).  It's all good. I'm really happy to be here.  There are so many things I've experienced that it's incrediable.  The spirit is so strong here. There's so much to learn, though.  I'm like at the beginning of my journey to acquire this knowledge.  Sometimes I wish I could just fast forward six months and then presto! I would know so much more.  However, I know that I need to learn line upon line and enjoy the journey along the way.  I hope things are going great for you guys!  Mahal kayo (I love you all).  Salamut (Thank you) for everything!
 
Mahal Kayo,
Sister Mohrman

No comments:

Post a Comment