Friday, June 17, 2011

MTC week 4..... I'm not "hermana"

Kumusta Pamilya!
 
Thanks for the letters/emails. Thanks for the hello from the petite s family. It's nice to know that some people aren't dead  :) haha... just kidding.  First of all, I'm not "hermana".  I'm not speaking Spanish.  I'm speaking Tagalog.  In fact, in the Philippines, they call us "sister".  Pretty amazing.  Just thought I would throw that out there  :)  I really do appreciate all of you!  Anyways.... this has been a great week (bet you're not surprised)!  The devotional was amazing.  It was my favorite devotional so far... that's because of what happened on that day.  I'd tell you more but there's not enough time... so I'll hand write it out this week and type it up next week  ;)  I'd just thought you'd enjoy the cliff hanger  :)  haha  I love the MTC!  I'm learning so much!  our 4 person bedroom just acquired two new sisters.  They're in our branch but not in our district. Their group replaced the older ones that just left on Monday. They're (the two sisters) going to Quezon City.  They're really nice girls.... but I am still the youngest of the sisters in our room :)  It's amazing how many weaknesses appear while I'm at the MTC.  And then the spirit just helps to make them stronger!  It's a wonderful experience!  I love all the study time!  Except, there's not much of it.  The food is... just food.  By the way, sorry about last week. The computer was being really funky.  Oh well.  I'm loving the TRC and the great opportunity to grow in there (and in the rest of the MTC).  My companion and I are becoming closer every day and we're becoming a very strong companionship (we're already pretty strong, but there's always a need for improvement).  My two teachers (I wrote about them in my last email, but I'm not sure you read that) are really wonderful teachers!  Their names are Brother Mansfield and Sister Sorenson (?).  I'm learning a lot from the two of them.  They explain things in such a clear manner and they compliment each other's teachings when it's their turn.  (They don't teach at the same time)  Yes, they plan it but how they do it.... that's the amazing thing.  My district is really a unique district.  So many people have commented about this (branch presidency and other various authorities and teachers).  They are a wonderful district!  Well, this is going to be a short email.... my bad.  But I will write more next week.  Stay tuned for more adventures at the MTC.  Inget Po!
 
Mahal Kayo!
Sister Mohrman

No comments:

Post a Comment