Sunday, December 25, 2011

Las Pinas- week 10..... Merry Christmas!

Maligayang Pasco!

I should say, Merry late Christmas but oh well :).  Thanks for the emails and phone call and the unexpected phone call too, hehe :)  It was great hearing about everything and sorry that I didn't tell you all everything... I forgot to mention to your question of how I get around.. I walk, I ride jeepneys, tricycles and Pedicabs and buses if I'm going long distances.... that's about it...  Christmas is always a fun time of the year. Here in the Philippines, it starts in September and then with each week that passes, it gets progressively more festive. It's pretty neat to see. The Christmas lights are really quite amazing and it's great that these people love putting up Christmas lights :).  I love it here in the Philippines and I love the lessons I'm learning every day. 
Yesterday, I had the phone call with you all in the morning, then I went to church. It's pretty great that some of our investigators were there. Afterwards, a bishopric member and his wife invited us over for a lunch so we accepted. Then we went back to our apartment and studied and then we delivered the gifts to the less-active families.. it was pretty great. God helped us out so much and for this entire week! We've had limited time where we could deliver these gifts, but He blessed us with speed and no misshaps happened. I could literally see blessing after blessing as were delivering the messages and gifts. It was a humbling experience. Anyways, then we went back to the apartment and we had an apartment Christmas party with the other two sisters that we share the apartment with. It was pretty neat and festive. We had a gift exchange too and I received some really great gifts. There's one that I love (I loved them all). It's a Filipino flute... Sister Santillian gave that to me because she knew that I played different instruments and it even came with instructions with telling me what note is what note... so I'm now learning a new instrument, hehe :)  It's really neat and very Filipino. Yes, at times, I have been playing the piano over here, in district meetings and whenever the ward needs a pianist so no worries about me not playing the piano... :)  Afterwards we shared spiritual messages and then we ate a ton of great food... it was a great experience. It's always a great time of the year to reflect on what Jesus has done for me and to recommit myself to do better so I can emulate His example all year long... it's a really humbling experience. The people here are amazing. They're so humble... they don't have a lot but the things they do with what they have, it's amazing. The food is delicious... The only thing I haven't tried is the the head of the food. For example, I eat fish, but I don't eat its' head, because the eyeballs are still attached... so I've avoided the head so far but who knows what the future holds. Apparently, the head is a real delicacy... but I guess I'll see in the future :).   haha  A couple of weeks before Christmas, they started to pull out some fireworks.. so that was all nice and loud, haha  It's all leading up to New Year's Eve and a few days after that... so I guess I'll tell you more about that next week. :)
Sorry if I haven't answered your questions... feel free to ask about them in your next emails and I'll respond when I can print them out next week or so... no worries :)  Thanks again for everything! Thanks for the Christmas cards too! I appreciate everything! 
Mahal ko Kayo!
Sister Mohrman

No comments:

Post a Comment