Monday, December 12, 2011

Las Pinas- week 8.... exciting

Kumusta!

Salamat po!  Thank you very much again for the package with the tree, etc...  I loved it. I have to admit, I really love fruit snacks and the one thing that the Philippines doesn't have are fruit snacks... so I have to admit they were consumed in about one day :) hehe I stuck the laffy taffy's and chocolate in the freezer and they tasted great. I loved the decorations! Thank you so much!  Thanks for the emails... I appreciate it!  Things are getting excited as the time draws even closer to Christmas!  Mahal ko ang Pascol!!! 
Some of the less-actives came to church yesterday and it was so exciting. One of them is named Gilbert. He lives with his cousins and only the mom typically comes to church. Yesterday, he and his two cousins came to church with the mother. He also is going to work with us this week, he's around 22 years old. So we're pretty excited. We're still working at it and hopefully they'll continue to come to church.
Besides the miracle of seeing the LA's at church, we also had some investigators. One of them is Annabethina (Annabeth for short). She has three little boys all under the age of 4 (I think). The youngest is a baby and he's very cute. Well, she actually came to church yesterday and I was so happy when I saw her come in. We were sitting on the stand because my companion was conducting the music. She missed the Sacrament but she came right after it ended and she stayed for the Gospel Essentials class with her baby. She left her other two kids at home with the grandma. She's amazing. Her husband works out in the province, so she doesn't see him on a daily basis but she really wants to know more...  Sorry, I'm not good at telling these stories, but it's a start :) hehe  There's also exciting plans for the Christmas week next week! I'm so excited but I'll tell you all about it when it comes to pass :)  Sorry this is short but it will improve... with time. :S
Mahal ko Kayo!
Sister Mohrman

No comments:

Post a Comment