Monday, November 26, 2012

Bulihan- week 16.....turkey?

Kumusta!

Thanks for the emails! I always, always appreciate it! Things are going well here! We've been living with the Forinash couple, a senior couple since August and it's been an interesting experience. They've been very nice and I appreciate everything they've done... I've never felt so spoiled in my whole entire life... they're a very neat couple with a very strong testimony and story... but we found an apartment, sa wakas! I'm so haaaapppppy about that!  It was a miracle, and we move in on Thursday! It's a big relief! It's been a great week! Lots of miracles and blessings. Funny story too.... this past Thursday, we were just wandering throughout our area trying to find an apartment and all of a sudden we ran across this turkey farm... and I saw the biggest, fattest, ugliest turkey I have ever seen... it even had a craggly, blue head thing... it was the first time I have ever seen a turkey here in the Philippines and it was funny because it was on Thanksgiving and we were discussing it and BAM it was there... it was pretty ironic. :)  we then celebrated the holiday by eating at Chow King... the Tofu is really delicious! :D The work is moving forwards here in Bulihan. Lony and Jr, (Brother Mario's wife and son) are progressing and they're excited for their baptism on the December 8th... we're still praying hard for them because there are a few hurdles left... but it's truly miraculous. Another investigator, Vilma is doing really well too. She has a strong testimony and it's so humbling to see her progression. We're trying to work with her husband too... and God is great. Lots of things are happening in Bulihan and I'm so excited for this. This past week, we also had mission tour. Elder Nielson of the seventy and his wife came and spoke to us and it was really powerful. President and Sister Stucki spoke too and it's always a revelatory experience. I love listening to them. Later on, we have a zone FHE... so that should be an interesting experience, my first and last one! :) haha.  It's been really sunny lately and so I've been getting a bit darker... I'm not sure what else to say.... :D Things are great! I love it here! Thanks again for everything!

Mahal ko Kayo!
Sister Mohrman

No comments:

Post a Comment