Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Mandaluyong- week 15.........Jovan


Kumusta!

Thanks for the emails! I appreciate them! This has been an amazing week! I was able to visit the temple and then had a wonderful baptism on Saturday. Jovan was baptized! Yes, you probably don't know him but we've been teaching him for the past four months. He's amazing. He has such a strong testimony and it's been incredible to see the transformation that has come over him. He's 26 years old and his mom is a recent convert... it was a very spiritual event. When he bore his testimony after he was baptized, he had a few tears in his eyes and the spirit was really strong. He's going to be a great leader someday in the church. It's amazing. But it was pretty interesting. He was baptized four times! The first time, his elbow was out of the water... the second time, the tip of hair was out of the water and the third, his head and leg were out (he didn't bend so he just kind of flopped up) and then the fourth time was perfect. This is ironic because we've been teaching him for four months and finally in the fourth month, he was baptized. So it was pretty interesting. Many other similarities were there too but I don't have enough time to list them all. Needless to say... it was pretty spectacular :D.  I love it here in the Philippines. Yesterday, we had our district meeting with President and Sister Stucki (we had interviews with him), which is why I'm emailing you now instead of yesterday... and it was great. I love President and Sister Stucki. They really are one of a kind mission president and wife... I'm so grateful that I get to serve under them... God is truly leading this mission and President and Sister Stucki are so tuned in with God's will. I love this work and am so grateful of the lessons I'm learning every day. God is great and His work is moving forwards! Salamat again for the emails! 

Mahal ko Kayo
Sister Mohrman

No comments:

Post a Comment