Monday, April 2, 2012

Mandaluyong- week 12..........surprise, surprise ;)


Kumusta!

Salamat for all of the emails! I appreciate them! I'm excited for General Conference this Saturday (and yes, I know you've already had it but this week I will) :)  This has been an incredible week. I'm learning so much and I appreciate the lessons that God is teaching me every day. Surprise... Surprise. I'm staying here in Mandaluyong for this transfer and probably the next transfer too. My companion and are staying together for our third transfer in a row! That was really surprising. There's a reason for everything, though. I'm excited for the upcoming lessons I'll learn! :)  However, it's Sister George's (my companion) last transfer so unless things change by Wednesday, I'll be her last companion... pretty interesting. (and also why I'm probably staying here the next transfer too) Stay tuned.... dun dun dun dun :)
This week has been great! It's rained too! I love the rain, it makes me very happy :D. Anyways, on Saturday was a very spiritual event. It was the baptisms! The Joseph Soleno family is now complete and all are active in the gospel! We're still working with them, but it's great! Teresa (the wife), Elyza (the 11 year old daughter), Kristine, and Romel all got baptized! It was a very powerful and spiritual experience. It's truly an incredible thing to see people come alive in the gospel and be complete!  In a year, the Soleno family will be sealed, that's their goal! God is great. On Sunday, they all got confirmed in Sacrament meeting and since it was fast sunday, it was a testimony meeting. Amazing, a lot of the testimonies being born were about keeping the Sabbath Day holy and not working. So they told stories about having a hard time trying to find a job but then as the trusted in God, they were able to find work that wasn't on the Sabbath... It was great because that's what Romel needed to hear. His job is on Sunday, and so we're praying that his boss's heart will be softened or a new job will come up for him when he speaks with his boss. I'm so blessed to be here in the Philippines and have President Stucki as the Mission President. So many miracles and I'll never have enough time to list just a few..... Thanks again for the emails!
Mahal ko Kayo!
Sister Mohrman

No comments:

Post a Comment