Sunday, March 11, 2012

Mandaluyong- week 9...... God's work is great :)

Kumusta!

Thanks for the emails! I appreciate them!. This has been yet another great week! God is helping this work out so much! He is great! We go to the prison many times during the week and it's been pretty funny. We've been talking with the guards and then they become our new investigators! It's fun... :)  I was also just reading in Omni about the People of Zarahemla (PoZ for short) and Mosiah. (this is going to be a really short, simple summary about a part of it) The PoZ were so excited to see that Mosiah had scriptures with them but they couldn't understand each other because of the communication barrier.... so Mosiah teaches them how to read and speak in their language and then they can read the scriptures and all is well. Anyways, one of our investigators is Vincent. He's 15 years old and he doesn't know how to read very much (he doesn't have much schooling). His grandfather and aunts are less-actives who are now slowly returning to church :).  So the grandpa has been reading every night with Vincent from the Book of Mormon. It's amazing to see the change. Vincent is now more confident in reading out loud to us and is knowing to read much better.... and all of that comes from the Book of Mormon. It's incredible to see! There is great power in the Book of Mormon and from reading it together as families. Because that family (well, one of the aunts, the grandpa, and Vincent) came to church!. God is truly blessing us and as we've been finding the less-actives we find a lot of new investigators. There's this less-active family the Soleno family. We found them (the dad is the only member) and now the wife and daughter have a baptismal date and they've come to church twice. So we're praying that they'll have a real testimony and desire. God is really blessing us over here. It was also a great week because of the Teaching Assistant's exchange with my companionship. It was my first time with them (and only my second time in my mission so far). I got to work with Sister Bautista and she's amazing. I learned so much and she said the things I really needed to hear. She helped me out a lot! It was a marvelous day! She's a great example to me of what a missionary is and I can see why God called her to be one of the Teaching Assistants... I'm so grateful for that and for the many lessons I'm learning from God every day. Thanks again for the emails! Sorry this is short... but I'm sure you all will survive... :) Eventually, they'll be longer (maybe...depending on time) :)  Oh yeah... my vocabulary list in Vasaya is picking up. It seems everyone speaks it in this area and they're excited to teach me this language... so it's been interesting. but it's pretty funny going to the homes and then saying the few words I know and they're surprised and happy that I'm trying to speak their native language to them... :)  Yeah...it's a long, long, long ways to go before I can speak it because my focus is on Tagalog first... then the others can come.... but I enjoy it :D  

Mahal ko Kayo!
Sister Mohrman

No comments:

Post a Comment