Monday, March 5, 2012

Mandaluyong- week 8.... hello summer

Kumusta!

Maraming salamat for the emails! I appreciate it very much. Things are going good here. God is great and He is helping this work out so much! I guess that this technically begins the summer season over here.... so it should be interesting. Hopefully, it still rains some.... but if not, I do like the sun! No more being a ghost! haha  :)  Anyways, this has been a great week. There's lots to tell and not enough time, so I'll just tell a little bit.. (pretty nice, I know) :)   My companion and I decided that we would extend baptismal invites in the majority of our lessons, something that every missionary should be doing but we hadn't and so we decided we would. About two weeks ago, we extended a baptismal invite to Venilou and it helped us. For some reason, she just thought missionaries were there to have a bible study with her. When we extended the invitation it changed her. She started to hide from us... (it was pretty amusing watching her hiding in the bathroom with her kids giggling at her because they told us where she was) and so this past week, we had the "do or die" lesson. Sister Venilou didn't want to meet with us anymore and so we dropped her... so we realized even more that when we extend the invites early we find those who are actually ready. For example, we were walking into a prison and the guard stopped us and we started to talk. He asked us what our purpose here in the Philippines was and so we told him.... Faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, etc... essentially, we told him that we're here to baptize people into the true church and then we got a return appointment with him... it's been pretty great. These are just two small examples but there are lots more. God has blessed us so much! Things are great and I love it here. I love all these lessons I'm learning. It was also pretty amusing this past week. One reason is that here in the Philippines there are these massive amounts of children here, especially in my area (well, really all my areas)... and so every day we have swarms of children following us... and so  around Thursday we were walking down the street and we literally had group after group of children following us and surrounding us and so my companion turned around and said to them, "do you have a question, good... go away" It was hilarious. She even did the hand motions with it! It had to be one of the funniest things I've seen! Well I need to go... thanks again for the emails!
Mahal ko Kayo!
Sister Mohrman

No comments:

Post a Comment